After a suggestion from a user, I decided to add a new feature. The admin now can select weather the URL that shows taxonomy terms to be indexed by search engines or not.
When the user selects No for the Index in the form and add the supplement to a meta tag into the HTML head section:
<meta name = “robots” content = “noindex” />
This tells Google and other search engines that they should not include this url in their search results.
While working with the new feature of index-select I discovered flaws in the slug management, so I made improvements to that function as well. The new version, 1.1.0 was launched on May 7 and is now available for download.